Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Introducing Zoey Madison Zoob

Well, she finally made it after waiting a week after her due date!  The good news, however, is that she decided to make her entrance into the world on Valentine's Day! The best Valentine EVER!

Jonathan's Birthday is on February 13 and Zoey's Birthday is February 14!  On Monday night we decided to go to Towne in San Carlos for Jon's 31st birthday.  Jon's parents flew into San Francisco on February 1 and are renting an apartment in SOMA for the month of February.  Jon's parents, my parents, Jon and myself went to dinner to celebrate.  At dinner I thought I felt some contractions but they were pretty mild and I did not think much of it.  When we got home, the contractions were getting stronger and closer together.  We decided to go to the hospital and as the contractions were 3 minutes apart.  When i got to the hospital at 11pm my water had broken (a trickle, not gush) and I was 2.5CM dilated.  The nurses said to sit tight as the baby most likely would be born the next afternoon or evening.  The contractions got worse and I told the nurse i needed an epidural, she tried to make me wait until 3-4 cm but I said no i wanted it.  I got the epidural, my contractions then slowed down. She gave me Pitocin to speed up the contractions and at 4:30 am when she checked on me again I was fully dilated and ready to push!  She could not believe it!  I started pushing at 5:06 and at 5:51 Zoey Madison Zoob was born weighing 6lb8oz and 20 inches long.

It was quick and easy!

1 comment:

  1. She is a Cutie Pie! Hope being at home has been a nice transition! Can't wait to see her again soon:)

    ReplyDelete