The day Jordan came into our lives was a friday and Zoey had a very bad diaper rash so I took her to the doctor and kept her home from daycare. The Doctor said to let her toosh "breathe" so that the rash would heal. Therefore she was running around the house without a diaper and peeing all over the hardwood floor! Meanwhile I was carrying her up and down the stairs as if I wasn't 39 weeks pregnant! At about 1pm I put Zoey down for her nap and I decided that I needed to rest as well. In my sleep i started feeling contractions which woke me up. Jonathan was at work so I called my parents to see if they could watch zoey and take me to the hospital...they said they were in the East bay looking for bathroom items for their remodel and said to wait an hour for them to be done...so I waited...and the contractions got closer together! Finally at about 3pm my parents came, I packed up the car with Zoey and my heavy suitcase and we were off to the hospital. Jonathan met us at the hospital!
When I walked into the labor and delivery area and told the nurses I was in labor, they did not really believe me because i did not look like i was in pain at all (which i wasn't). The nurse put me in a room and said you are at 3CM, we will monitor you for an hour and if you dilate then we will admit you, if not, we will send you home! I prayed that I was really in labor and that Jordan was coming. An hour later the nurse came back and I was at 4CM! Hurray! They admitted me! I got the epidural at 5 CM (still in no pain) as i did not want any pain! Jordan Ryder Zoob was born at 9:41pm, just a few hours after getting to the hospital. My water did not break on it's own, so at about 9:20, Dr. Rydfors came in and said i will break your water and be back in 20 minutes to deliver the baby. He came back 20 minutes later and jordan was born in 7 minutes with 3 pushes...SO EASY! Take a look at some photos and videos.
No comments:
Post a Comment