Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Life with 2 babies...

EXHAUSTING!

Since Jordan was born, Zoey has definitely regressed a bit in terms of sleeping.  I am up feeding Jordan about twice a night and Zoey wakes up screaming sometimes or won't go to bed at her normal bed time...she throws tantrums more often and it is all very exhausting.  They say i should nap during the day but it's just too difficult!  Here I am again, writing a blog instead of napping!  I also feel so bad for Zoey because she does not get my full attention anymore and it's hard for both her and me.  Luckily Jonathan has been stepping in with Zoey a lot, since he cannot feed Jordan (and Jordan eats every 2 hours and between 4-8pm every hour...he's definitely more demanding than Zoey was at his age).  Zoey and Jonathan hang out so much that she is now calling him "momma" and wanting him to hold her when she cries, etc.  I'm sure this will pass but I wish that I could be there for her all the time!  The exhausting part of having 2 kids so close together is that the older child is still up early in the morning while the little one may still be sleeping.  Once Zoey wakes up (sometimes 6am) we have to be "on" and play with her, watch her, etc.  Also, having a 2 story house makes it very difficult for 2 young children...I still need to carry/watch zoey up and down the stairs as well as carry Jordan.  I know that this will only be a short time in our lives and soon they will be playing together and having the best time!  Hoping they will be best friends!

It's so interesting how different Jordan and Zoey already are even though it's only been 6 weeks!  Jordan always wants to be held, loves to cuddle, hates the swing and bouncy chair, got baby acne and spits up about 10-20 times a day!  Zoey, on the other hand, never spit up, loved the swing and bouncy chair, did not love to be held and never had baby acne.  Okay i'm off to take a nap!








No comments:

Post a Comment